So if you are reading this blog post you are considering opening up a part time preschool program in your community. I'm thinking you have probably thought this through you are already past the soul searching stage and you are ready to get started but you're not exactly sure where to start.
Opening a part time preschool is not going to be an overnight deal. You have to begin with asking yourself questions; A LOT of questions! You need to write these questions down. Here are a few of the questions you need to be asking yourself and researching the answers to.
- What are the licensing rules in your state? you need to go to your states department of Family Services website Anne print off the licensing rules and regulations for a childcare program in your state. you must read through all these rules and write down the questions you are asking yourself after reading through these rules.
- what qualifications are you required to have by your state to be the owner slash director of a childcare or preschool program .do you meet these qualifications? Make a list of what you're going to need to do to meet these qualifications.
- The next question is how are you going to fund the start up for your preschool you need to have a budget what's going to cost you money are you going to rent a space do you already own a space you were going to house the preschool in you need to make a list of what it's going to cost you to start this program everything from the building to the school supplies.
- next most important thing you can do for yourself is to have a solid parent Handbook this is the place you are going to put all your rules regulations for the parents to see an abide by the more information you include in this parent Handbook the better protected you are from having to deal with any issues down the road you need to go through web search parrot Ham books of other preschool programs similar to what you are creating you need to decide what you like about their Handbook and keep those ideas in your own teacher toolbox to create your Handbook I cannot stress enough how important it is to research what other preschools or daycare programs have in their parent handbooks Pam books can be lengthy yes but if it's in your Handbook you are protected so if an issue arises you can look at a parent and be able to say well it it's in my hand book you signed up for this you were provided a hand book to read and you agreed to the terms in the Handbook it's a safeguard for you and your business .this Handbook needs to be lengthy and it needs to be specific and it needs to cover every single thing about your program from money too curriculum.
- now you need to decide what are your hours going to be how many classes are you going to teach with age children are you going to accept into your program. What are you going to charge for each one of these classes this going to be able to cover your bills for the preschool and afford you a paycheck to cover your bills at home?
- Next, you're going to need to design the forms that you were going to need to collect information to enroll your new students into your school you need enrollment forms you can create your own enrollment forms but you need to double check with your licensing provider what legally needs to be on the forms this is another thing that you need to research what are other programs using what's on their forms .look into other places forms see what they use ask your license are if there are example or sample forms that they have for you so you know what to have on your enrollment forms. This may seem like this simplest thing you were going to do draw up some forms for people to enroll their students but you have things to consider for example not every child has a mom and a dad so you can't have a mom information section and a dad information section not every child is being raised by a male and a female they may have 2 moms they may have 2 dads they may be being raised by grandma or grandpa or an aunt or an uncle so you need to put Parent #1 and Parent number #2Or something along those lines .
I hope that my post is helping to walk you through the steps that you are going to need to take to start your own preschool. I know that I can't get too specific with you because they don't know where you live an every state is going to be different the specific rules sat by each state differ so greatly that all I can do is give you a general outline of some of the questions you're going to need to find the answers to to help you get started on your business plan. I hope that this post was able to help you get the ball rolling and give you some ideas of questions you needed to be asking yourself and finding the answer to. I would be happy to answer any questions you have please feel free to reach out.